Monday, June 22, 2009

My Contest Resolutions

I feel very proud of myself today - not only did I send out the last handful of thanks to judges for a contest I'd coordinated (with apologies for my tardiness) BUT I finished up my outstanding thank you notes as well.

I therefore resolve:

As a contestant -
*I will try to enter BEFORE the last minute. Like at least one day before entries close!
*I will send thanks to ALL my judges (even the ones that hated my work) as soon as I get the score sheets back. Well - within a few days ; )

As a contest judge -
*I will get my entries back to the coordinator in speedy order and NOT wait until she's tearing her hair out!
*I will be constructive and not destructive, encouraging and not belittling.

As a contest coordinator -
*I will continue to assist my contestants and answer questions / allow entry fixing until the cows come home. Or at least until entries close.
*I will celebrate with those that final and be supportive of those that don't.
*I will keep excellent records and get those score sheets back post haste.
*I will forward thanks ASAP.

Whew - I feel better now!

4 comments:

Jessica Nelson said...

Sounds good to me. :-)

Skhye said...

It's okay, Elizabeth. You're only human. :) Besides, we all do a great job. So, eat chocolate. ;)

And the word verification is "coviral". ROFL I'm trying to imagine that...

Libby Scrivener said...

LOL Jessica we all know how long it took for you to get my thank you!

Thanks, Skhye - I will!

My word is trony! Much safer ; )

Jessica Nelson said...

Hi Elizabeth,
I e-mailed you back, so if you don't get it let me know. :-)