Monday, September 29, 2008

Writing Again

Slowly, but surely, I'm recovering from September.

I've finally managed to catch up with my e-mail and tame the beast. Yay me!

I've also returned to my WIP and am trying to plot. Until now, I've been an out and out pantser. But discovered I'd write chapter after chapter, only to change directions and not be able to use many of them. Aaargh!

So yes, instead of sitting down writing, I sat down and took a couple of on-line plotting classes --one with Angie Fox and one with Tracy Montoya. Uber helpful and I've been spending time in trying to chart my book.

Yeah, it's almost as hard as cramming your book into a perky logline. Anyhoo, at least working on the plotting has got me thinking about my story again and is helping me slip into writing mode. Yay me!

1 comment:

Libby Scrivener said...

Aha! Maybe I should do the same thing, sigh. Plot a little more. Might save some re-writing!

Or I might stick to poetry. Haiku, perhaps?